Ministers want to free up time for more serious cases
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Monday 21 December 2009
Thousands of passengers on both sides of the Channel were scrambling to get home in time for Christmas last night after Eurostar blamed the closure of their train network on the wrong type of snow.
Tuesday 01 December 2009
Thursday 27 August 2009
Rogue parking firms that clamp cars for minor offences and charge motorists extortionate rates to have their vehicles released are to be forced to comply with strict rules as part of a Government assault
Friday 31 July 2009
The UK's first tax on parking spaces is expected to be endorsed by the Government today.
Wednesday 08 July 2009
The roof of Parliament's newest building sprang a leak on Tuesday, forcing MPs to dodge drips of rainwater as heavy storms lashed Westminster.
Monday 22 June 2009
Education Secretary Ed Balls today said it would be a "good thing" to hold some of the Iraq War inquiry in public as Gordon Brown faced fury from Labour backbenchers over his initial decision to hold the hearings in private.
Monday 22 June 2009
Tuesday 09 June 2009
Gordon Brown lost yet another member of his Government yesterday when the Farming minister, Jane Kennedy, quit rather than pledge loyalty to him. She called on the Prime Minister to "make way for an alternative leader".
Monday 08 June 2009
This is a list of the MPs and peers appointed as ministers of state by Prime Minister Gordon Brown in the second wave of his Government reshuffle today:
Sunday 07 June 2009
Tooting MP Sadiq Khan has been promoted to Minister of State for Transport in the Government reshuffle, it emerged today.
Thursday 21 May 2009
Wednesday 07 January 2009
The Government today announced an extra £19m for fire services in England to improve the rescue of people from collapsed buildings as well as decontamination of the public.
Sunday 04 January 2009
Sunday 09 November 2008
Labour should consider changing its candidate selection procedures to make it easier for would-be MPs from the ethnic minorities to be chosen for Westminster seats, a senior Cabinet minister said today.
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Newcastle owner Mike Ashley wants blood after last season's trauma - and it won't stop with managing director Derek Llambias
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle United's star talent-spotter Graham Carr on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout at St James' Park
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats