A Briton, his Filipino partner and their three-year-old daughter are feared to have been killed when Typhoon Haiyan tore through the city of Tacloban.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 16 September 2009
Adobe Systems, known for its Photoshop editing program and Acrobat document software, announced overnight that it has agreed to buy web analytics firm Omniture for $1.8 billion (£1.09 billion).
Tuesday 18 August 2009
Athletic Bilbao president Fernando Garcia Macua insists Liverpool have not made an offer for Fernando Amorebieta.
Saturday 15 August 2009
Strong winds are spreading multiple wildfires across parched parts of California as officials worry the gusts could ignite more blazes and force more evacuations in areas already under a state of emergency.
Thursday 06 August 2009
The world is a better place, it seems, if viewed through a pair of Rosicrucian-tinted spectacles. You may have seen their ad – on a poster or in newspaper at home or abroad – promising to improve your memory, develop your will-power, overcome bad habits and enrich your spirit by unlocking the secret wisdom of the ages.
Sunday 25 January 2009
Thursday 13 November 2008
The volume of spam email being sent across the internet plummeted yesterday, after a San Jose-based company was taken offline.
Friday 22 August 2008
* Would Belgrade rush in where Manhattan feared to tread? When Random House US pulled Sherry Jones's novel about the Prophet Muhammad's wife A'isha, The Jewel of Medina, its decision ignited a global firestorm of controversy. For a while it looked as if the book was going to find an unlikely home in Serbia. The Serbian publisher BeoBook printed 1,000 copies. But BeoBook's Aleksandar Jasic has recalled them after protests from the Serbian Muslim community. Meanwhile, it emerges that last October Télémaque in Paris published Geneviève Chauvel's fictionalised biography, Aïcha: La bien-aimée du prophète. The outcome? Strong sales, debate with imams, but no fatwas and no riots. Vive la France!
Thursday 10 July 2008
Wednesday 19 March 2008
Andy Murray plans to keep his temper under control after a three-set win over world number 20 Ivo Karlovic put him through to the fourth round of the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells.
Wednesday 07 March 2007
Thursday 18 August 2005
Thursday 10 March 2005
Monday 24 April 2000
Thursday 20 April 2000
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands