The Belgian frigate has transported its cargo of sacred soil from the cemeteries of WWI battlefields in Flanders to London for use in a new Flanders Fields Memorial Garden at Wellington Barracks.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
A city stretched to its limits: David Nicholson-Lord looks at the reality behind John Gummer's glossy vision of London
Wednesday 24 November 1993
Gummer catches a bus to seek praise for capital: The minister for London wants residents' opinions on a 'great city', writes David Nicholson-Lord
Tuesday 23 November 1993
Museums: Bridging a gap in London's history: Michael Leapman visits the exhibition at Tower Bridge that marks its centenary in 1994
Wednesday 03 November 1993
Sunday 11 July 1993
Friday 16 April 1993
Tuesday 13 April 1993
Property: A lease hath all too short a date: . . . and when it runs out, you're homeless. Jonathan Sale on a bill to free leaseholders
Sunday 07 March 1993
Friday 09 October 1992
Friday 21 August 1992
Friday 17 July 1992
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Top 10 travel destinations for 2015: From Haiti and Alaska to Namibia and Iceland
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)