Some authors vanish in plain sight, recalled by their most successful work, which comes to define an entire career. A friend of mine has written mytho-logies, Victoriana, crime and magical realism, but publishers are unable to mention her without inserting the title of her greatest success into her name, in the way that pantomime stars are bracketed by their TV shows. Typecasting is a problem that afflicts most successful writers.
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 13 April 1999
Sunday 11 April 1999
Sunday 07 March 1999
Saturday 06 March 1999
Sunday 28 February 1999
Sunday 21 February 1999
Sunday 07 February 1999
Rough Guide: Jean McNeil, author of `The Rough Guide to Costa Rica', remembers the night when the heavens opened ...
Sunday 03 January 1999
Saturday 02 January 1999
Sunday 01 November 1998
Saturday 22 August 1998
Sunday 16 August 1998
Saturday 15 August 1998
Sunday 09 August 1998
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader