Q. I'm thinking of booking a late deal to Tunisia. Is October a good time to go? Should we choose all-inclusive or bed-and-breakfast? And is it safe to holiday there? Katherine Stephens
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Tuesday 19 July 2011
A boy of 14 was reportedly killed by "a stray bullet" during a violent protest in the Tunisian town where the uprisings that have swept the Arab world began.
Sunday 17 July 2011
Wednesday 13 July 2011
Saturday 09 July 2011
How do you defend a dictator who's been around for years and years and years when he's accused of – well, being a dictator for years and years and years?
Sunday 26 June 2011
You couldn't get more topical than this, the soundtrack to the Arab Spring.
Friday 24 June 2011
This compilation of songs from the recent revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt confirms both the enduring power of music and the more positive aspects of the internet when music is decoupled from business.
Tuesday 21 June 2011
Tuesday 21 June 2011
The Nobel peace laureate and human rights campaigner Aung San Suu Kyi spoke yesterday in a BBC lecture of the vital role played by communications technology in modern democratic uprisings and said she was not morally opposed to the use of violence in exceptional circumstances.
Saturday 11 June 2011
Environmentalists on the Mediterranean sent a small launch this morning to inspect a sea cage to determine whether it was holding tuna, but fishermen attacked them with debris, forcing a return to the mother ship.
Friday 03 June 2011
More than 200 people were reported missing and two dead after a fishing boat carrying an estimated 800 migrants sank off Tunisia in a storm.
Thursday 19 May 2011
Shortly before his death, Osama bin Laden recorded a message praising the Middle East protest movements and predicting that revolutions would spread across the region.
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial