Take your partner, family, golf clubs… or a good pair of walking boos
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 03 February 2010
Iran successfully launched a rocket today carrying a mouse, turtle and worms into space for research purposes, the country's defense minister said.
Monday 11 January 2010
Sunday 20 December 2009
I always like the idea of a pub quiz. What could be better than getting together in a pub with like-minded people to exercise the old grey matter over a couple of hearty ales? Well, quite a lot, if the truth be told.
Saturday 19 September 2009
A tortoise with a taste for life in the fast lane was rescued from a busy motorway after dodging up to six lanes of traffic against the odds.
Sunday 09 August 2009
Friday 24 July 2009
Lonesome George, the world's most inveterate bachelor, may finally be about to settle down.
Friday 24 July 2009
The tale of Lonesome George, the 90-year old Pinta Tortoise who appears to have mated successfully for the first time, has many lessons for the rest of us.
Sunday 05 July 2009
Thursday 12 March 2009
Marine biologists believe they have solved a long-standing puzzle: what do endangered loggerhead turtles get up to in their early years, after hatching on an Australian beach?
Sunday 08 March 2009
Saturday 20 December 2008
Q. Our family would love to see turtle hatchlings in the wild. Do you have any idea of how far and when we would have to travel to be guaranteed to see them? We don't want there to be only "a good chance" of seeing them. L Baxter, via email
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government