Kent dockyard loses out to Lake District national park as UK's next world heritage site
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Friday 14 March 2008
Friday 07 March 2008
Thursday 07 February 2008
It may be the largest river island in the world but it is steadily shrinking – eroded by the Brahmaputra river in which it is situated. Efforts to preserve the island and halt the erosion, caused by the glacial flood waters of the Himalayas, have been unco-ordinated and – say critics – ineffective.
Saturday 22 December 2007
Saturday 28 October 2006
A new form of reality television may await the unsuspecting people of France - televised weekly cabinet meetings.
Saturday 27 May 2006
Desmond Dekker, the orphan who trained as a welder alongside one Robert Marley and led the march of Jamaican music on to the global charts, has died aged 64.
Monday 23 January 2006
Sunday 13 November 2005
Saturday 12 November 2005
Friday 25 February 2005
Saturday 12 February 2005
Saturday 03 April 2004
Saturday 01 November 2003
Wednesday 01 October 2003
Sunday 09 March 2003
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 3 Trevor Noah: Jon Stewart's replacement faces online criticism over 'anti-Semitic' tweets
- 4 Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims