Former Director of Public Prosecutions already advising party on a victim’s law’ for manifesto
University Of Leeds
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Wednesday 18 November 2009
Wednesday 04 November 2009
Sunday 25 October 2009
Friday 18 September 2009
Monday 07 September 2009
William Birch, who died on 12 June, had a distinguished career in two capacities, first as a geographer and secondly as an academic leader in higher education.
Wednesday 26 August 2009
Around 1,000 activists descended today on a stretch of open land in London after the location of the week-long Climate Camp was finally revealed.
Tuesday 04 August 2009
Sunday 02 August 2009
Thursday 23 July 2009
Thursday 09 July 2009
The family of a teacher murdered in Japan pleaded with her suspected killer's parents to "redeem some self-respect" and help to trace him.
Saturday 06 June 2009
Thursday 12 March 2009
Gareth Alban Davies, the former Professor of Spanish at Leeds University, was also a Welsh poet who brought a European perspective to his writing, especially through a scholarly knowledge of Federico García Lorca, the poet murdered by Nationalists during the civil war in Spain, and of Fernando Arrabal, the Spanish dramatist who writes in French.
Thursday 05 March 2009
Friday 13 February 2009
Amanda Knox, the woman accused of killing British student Meredith Kercher in Italy, played and joked with her boyfriend only hours after the murder, a court heard today.
Saturday 07 February 2009
A University has been forced to apologise to one of its graduate students after it accidentally threw away a bag of rare lizard excrement which had taken him five years to collect.
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
Rupert Murdoch berated Sun journalists for not doing enough to attack Ed Miliband and stop him winning the general election
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 4 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'