Japan dramatically scales back long-term commitments to reduce carbon emissions as Australia moves to repeal its carbon tax
Like this page on Facebook for updates
Sunday 20 March 2011
Tuesday 08 February 2011
Heavily armed men have kidnapped six volunteers from WWF-India who were counting the tiger population at a reserve in India's remote north-east, an official from the conservation group said yesterday.
Sunday 30 January 2011
Cutting out almost all meat from the nation's diet could help reduce greenhouse emissions, a new report out today claims.
Thursday 25 November 2010
The unlikely pairing of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and the Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio emerged this week as they became figureheads in the battle to save the tiger at a summit in St Petersburg.
Monday 22 November 2010
Wild tigers could become extinct in 12 years if countries where they still roam fail to take quick action to protect their habitats and step up the fight against poaching, global wildlife experts told a "tiger summit" yesterday.
Thursday 14 October 2010
Tuesday 05 October 2010
Monday 27 September 2010
Monday 13 September 2010
Photographs of one of the world’s biggest ecological disasters will go on show for passers-by at London’s South Bank from tomorrow.
Thursday 15 July 2010
The giant panda for the age of climate change: such has become the fate, in emblematic terms, of Ursus maritimus, the great white bear of the north. As the panda logo of what was the World Wildlife Fund, 50 years ago, came to symbolise all threatened animals, so the image of a polar bear on a melting ice floe has come to stand for the dire consequences of global warming.
Tuesday 08 June 2010
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 3 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding