Heads up: Top comment and controversy
Burger-gate: 6 things it would have been weirder for George Osborne to eat than a Byron burger
27 June 2013 11:01 AM
Osborne's choice of a £10 takeaway Byron burger has caused a stir, with the Chancellor being quizzed on Radio 4 this morning over his "posh" tastes.
Osborne, who delivered his spending review yesterday, said it was "perfectly reasonable to have a burger while working on a speech".
He's got a point. Here are 6 unreasonable things he could have eaten instead:
1. 'I call this crab and caviar tower my personal welfare burger'
2. 'Nothing better than some PROFITteroles when fixing the economy. Natch'
3. 'Pasties. I eat them all the time. Every day.'
4. 'Your money is everything to me, including breakfast and a slap-up dinner.'
5. 'Being a normal man I often enjoy Wimbledon with chips'
6. 'If I was really such a fat cat would I eat this thin kitten?'