ARTS / Competition: Win tickets and catalogues to the Royal Academy's show from the Ortiz collection
Tuesday 01 March 1994
1. The two capitals of Sumeria were Lagash and Umma. In which country is Umma now?
2. How old was Alexander the Great when he died?
3. What is a tintinnabulum?
Answers on a postcard to Ortiz, Arts, The Independent, 40 City Rd, London EC1Y 2DB, no later than 15 March.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland