Animal Art Fair 2011 – picture preview
Tuesday 03 May 2011
The second ever Animal Art Fair opens at London’s Fulham Palace this weekend, bringing a vast collection of paintings and drawings of pets and wildlife under the same roof.
Having attracted over 3,000 visitors and raised more than £45,000 for charity at its debut last year, Animal Art Fair founders Jamie Polk and Barnaby Parker claim its 2011 incarnation is the “best-ever selection of animal art” yet.
Visitors can purchase affordable and investment pieces directly from the artists who produced them without galleries or dealers' involvement. Last year £500,000 worth of art was sold.
This year's primary beneficiary of the charitable fundraising the fair entails will be Tusk, a conservation and community development organisation which protects wildlife across Africa.
Animal Art Fair 2011 opens 5 to 8 May at Fulham Palace, www.animalartfair.com
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Boxing: Carl Froch slams fellow Brits for sparring with Mikkel Kessler
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 David Cameron goes to war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.