Apocalypse wow! JJ's show Revolution is far from doomed
Friday 29 March 2013
When J J Abrams' newest drama, Revolution (picured), started last week, the biggest surprise was that it made the end of the world look almost fun.
Last year, Steve Carrell's bittersweet Seeking a Friend for the End of the World saw our hero spend his last day on earth trying to woo Keira Knightley. This summer, raucous comedy This Is the End stars Seth Rogen, James Franco and Jonah Hill as a bunch of celebrities dealing with the end of the world with a party. Andrew Zuchero's humour-fuelled Sundance comedy short The Apocalypse sees a group of friends inadvertently cause Armageddon.
It's all a world away from grim end-of-days stories such as The Road and Melancholia. “I wasn't interested in making Revolution unremittingly grim,” admits its co-creator Eric Kripke.
'Revolution' is on Sky 1, Fridays at 9pm
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God