Cultural Life: Michael landy, artist
Friday 02 October 2009
I am very happy because 'America's Next Top Model' is the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th series – I can't tell it's always the same and the girls are interchangeable. I love Jay Manuel also known as "Mister Jay", but shhhh don't tell Gillian. Britain's top model, Australia's top model, Canada's top model they're all rubbish – only the Americans can pull off the top model.
I am looking forward to seeing Gustav Metzger's show at The Serpentine. I am interested to see what an auto-destructive artist will come up with.
I recently watched Alan Clarke's 'Elephant' (1989) again, no script or anything... boom boom you're dead.
John Scanlon's book on Garbage addresses reasons why we find rubbish (which is a by-product of ourselves) so abhorrent. I also like the book 'The Destruction of Art: Iconoclasm and Vandalism since the French Revolution' by Dario Gamboni. I like the fact that the cleaners seem to be the final adjudicators on what is rubbish – having had my work thrown away by gallery cleaners this book has a resonance.
'Joyous Machines: Michael Landy and Jean Tinguely' at Tate Liverpool, until 10 January 2010
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly