One to Watch: Allen Stone, Singer, 25
Friday 01 February 2013
Could he be the real deal? The curly-haired US soul singer has been likened to Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye for his high falsetto voice.
The son of a preacher man, he grew up in Washington singing in his local church. Having toured the US in a van, he now releases his debut album in the UK on 25 February. He released it digitally in the US on his own label in 2011 before he was signed to Universal; even then it entered the Top 5 of iTunes R&B/soul charts.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture