One to watch: Eloise Laurence, actress, 13
Friday 26 July 2013
“I went from a primary school play to a feature film – playing the central role.” This north London school girl was hand-picked by Rufus Norris to star with Tim Roth in his 2012 debut film Broken. Although her parents are actors – her dad is Larry Lamb, who was in Gavin & Stacey – she's had to put acting on the back burner until she is 16 to focus on school. But she hopes to star in a horror film. “If I got any more parts now my mum wouldn't tell me, as I'd be upset.”
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke