Gagosian gallery still gaga for Bob Dylan's art (despite plagiarism claims)
Alice Jones' Arts Diary
Bob Dylan is preparing to open a new exhibition at Gagosian at the end of the month. The show, Revisionism, will be his second at the major New York gallery in under than a year and will feature 30 new works.
Gagosian must be keen on Dylan, or at least on the cash that he brings in. His previous show, The Asia Series, last winter turned into something of an embarrassment for the global gallery when their rookie signing was accused of plagiarism.
Dylan’s paintings, billed as a “visual journal” of his travels through Japan, China and Vietnam turned out to bear striking similarities to existing photographs by Cartier Bresson and others.
For his new show, Dylan appears to be moving into the realm of satire. One work, titled “Study for the artwork Baby Talk Magazine: Strengthen Your Baby”, features a magazine cover mocked-up with a muscly man-child model and the headline ‘Facelifts for babies’.
Also in the Arts Diary
Arts & Ents blogs
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
If you had any doubt where Binky gets her brilliantly brassy disregard for social graces, episode se...
Kate Simko is a lady who has constantly worked towards to pushing herself musically. Though she make...
- 1 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
- 4 Be more professional! GCHQ staff rapped as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange reveals messages that he says point to 'fit up'
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.