Landscape Photographer of the Year: Smoke on the water …
Monday 21 October 2013
An image of Crummock Water in Cumbria won the £10,000 “Take a View” Landscape Photographer of the Year award for Tony Bennett of Derbyshire.
“Every second the scene was changing, creating a hundred memorable images, but this moment particularly caught my attention,” he said. David Breen’s Ghost of Rannoch Moor won the “Classic View” prize.
The winning and commended entries from this year’s competition are being shown at an exhibition at the National Theatre in London from 7th December 2013 until 8 February 2014.
For more information visit www.take-a-view.co.uk
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special trailer released
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >