Spanish fresco 'artist' in demand on eBay
Thursday 13 December 2012
The 80-year-old parishioner who became famous for her botched restoration of a Christ fresco at her church in a small farming town is auctioning one of her works on eBay for charity.
Celia Gimenez's oil painting Las Bodegas de Borja, was fetching €620 (£500) today, doubling its starting price after 31 bids.
She became a sensation in August after images appeared on the internet of the mural in Borja, in which Christ was made to look like a monkey.
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby of them all could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Ben Affleck asked TV chiefs to hide slave-owning ancestry, new hacked Sony emails published by Wikileaks claim
- 3 Driving while dehydrated can be just as dangerous as drink driving, study suggests
- 4 Farmer told to tear down mock-Tudor castle after hiding construction behind hay bales
- 5 One Direction: Louis Tomlinson launching his own record label, has already 'signed two acts'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate