In the Top 10 list of most popular handmade oil painting reproductions issued by overstockArt.com, a website based in Kansas, USA, selling online painting reproductions, Dutch master Vincent van Gogh ranks first and second with his "Starry Night" and "Café Terrace at Night," while "The Kiss" by Austrian Gustav Klimt ranks third.
According to the website's statistics, Van Gogh reproductions' total sales numbers are far ahead of other great masters such as Gustav Klimt, French painter Claude Monet or even Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci who ranks fifth with his "Mona Lisa."
Overstockart.com CEO, David Sasson, claims that his site is "the internet leader of handmade reproduction oil paintings." They sold more than a million oil paintings during the past ten years, and they receive over 10,000 daily online visitors.
Their main competitors in the handmade art reproduction paintings business include Oilpaintingsgallery.com in the USA, Isabel.com in France (Paris), Toucanart.com based in Portugal, or 1st-art-gallery.com in the USA and Australia, among many others.
Here is the top ten list for the past decade by overstockArt.com :
1. "Starry Night" - Vincent van Gogh
2. "Café Terrace at Night" - Vincent van Gogh
3. "The Kiss" - Gustav Klimt
4. "Poppy Field at Argenteuil" - Claude Monet
5. "The Mona Lisa" - Da Vinci
6. "Le Rêve" (The Dream) - Pablo Picasso
7. "Luncheon of the Boating Party" - Pierre August Renoir
8. "The Scream" - Edvard Munch
9. "Red Cannas" - Georgia O'Keeffe
10. "Persistence of Memory" - Salvador Dali