Friday 27 November 1998
Mr John Alderton, actor, 58; Professor John Ashworth, chairman, British Library Board, 60; Mr Rodney Bewes, actor, 61; Lord Bridges, former diplomat, 71; Mr Robert Dougall, television presenter, 85; Air Marshal Sir Eric Dunn, defence consultant, 71; Mr James Evans, former chairman, Press Association, 66; Lord Howard de Walden, racehorse owner and breeder, 86; Dr Kim Howells MP, 52; Miss Verity Ann Lambert, film producer, 63; Sir John Maddox, writer, broadcaster and former editor, Nature, 73; Baroness Mallalieu, QC, 53; Mrs Margaret Parry, former Headmistress, Heathfield School, 79; Mr Alan Simpson, writer and scriptwriter, 69; Mr Ernie Wise, comedian, 73.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >