Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the final installment in the Swedish author's internationally bestselling Millennium trilogy, is Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-book for the week ending June 5, according to a list released June 8 by Publishers Marketplace. Larsson's additional Millennium titles are in second and third.
Hornet's Nest has unsurprisingly held the top spot on the Kindle chart for two weeks running. The book was released in the US in late May and has followed Larsson's previous two titles in becoming a runaway bestseller.
Series installments dominate the week's chart, with Larsson's Millenium titles immediate followed by Dead in the Family, the newest title in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. While the fantasy series was already common on bestseller lists, it is experiencing an increase in popularity thanks to the American TV show True Blood, which is based on the novels.
Stephenie Meyer's latest novella, about a character first introduced in Eclipse, is in fifth place. That book was released on June 5, the final day of the week represented by this chart, and was made available for free online two days later.
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (2)
3. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson (3)
4. Dead in the Family: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel - Charlaine Harris (new)
5. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Stephenie Meyer (new)
6. Savor the Moment - Nora Roberts (new)
7. Innocent - Scott Turow (5)
8. Storm Prey - John Sanford (new)
9. Shit My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (9)
10. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine - Michael Lewis (6)
Source: Publishers' Marketplace
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, on PCs and Macs, on tablet computers, and, coming this summer, on Android phones.