Kindle best-sellers: New Sandra Brown novel debuts in top ten
Wednesday 18 August 2010
Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy holds its longstanding place at the top of Amazon's list of best-selling Kindle e-books for the week ending August 15. The three books are followed by Elizabeth Gilbert's 2006 memoir
Eat, Pray, Love, which has been enjoying a steady climb in anticipation of the release of the film adaptation.
Tough Customer, the latest romance/suspense novel by American author Sandra Brown, was released on August 10 and debuts in eighth place on the Kindle best-seller list. The story centers on private investigator Dodge Hanley, who sets off on a new case after receiving a phone call from a long-lost lover with a deranged stalker.
Kindle weekly best-sellers:
1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (1=position last week)
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson (2)
3. The Girl Who Played with Fire - Stieg Larsson (3)
4. Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert (5)
5. Star Island - Carl Hiaasen (6)
6. The Rembrandt Affair - Daniel Silva (7)
7. Fly Away Home - Jennifer Weiner (4)
8. Tough Customer - Sandra Brown (new)
9. Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern (9)
10. The Help - Kathryn Stockett (re-entry)
Amazon's Kindle e-reader is available internationally. Kindle e-books can also be read on the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, PCs and Macs, BlackBerry and Android phones, and tablet computers including the iPad.
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Film More romcom than S&M
Review: The Imitation Gamefilm
Comedy...to show her mastectomy scars
TVNetflix gets cryptic
TV review A moving film showing kids too busy to enjoy their youth
Books Not even a Man Booker prize could save Richard Flanagan from a nomination
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants slaughter 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
Beyonce '7/11' music video: Star bounces on bed and films daughter Blue Ivy in lo-fi homage to viral video
Angelina Jolie confirms retirement from acting: 'I've never been comfortable on-screen'
Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage from Lana Del Rey rape video
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track