She's Never Coming Back, By Hans Koppel
When you can't sink any lower, there's always the basement
Sunday 15 January 2012
Ylva Zetterburg, a young wife and mother, is captured and held hostage in the sound-proofed cellar of the house opposite her own. Her captors systematically set about breaking her spirit with both physical and psychological abuse.
The only diversion she's allowed is a video screen which shows her own house, so she can watch the comings and goings of her husband and daughter. Outside, her husband becomes the main suspect in the police investigation; at the same time, a journalist is trying to find out what can have happened to her. The answer to the mystery, revealed piece by piece, lies in Ylva's past. This is an ugly story, but a gripping one.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First