We'll Get 'Em in Sequins, By Max Davidson
Here's a sentence that doesn't end as you'd expect. "In these seven portraits of Yorkshire cricketers… I have tried to map a sexual earthquake."
Stemming from Darren Gough's triumph on Strictly Come Dancing, this eccentric project is full of weird conjunctions: W.G.Grace (a few non-Yorkies also get in) scored 1,000 runs in the month Wilde was sentenced; G.Boycott was "born in the same decade as Davd Bowie"; F.S.
Trueman once wrote about love: "My stomach was doing cartwheels." All a bit odd but it will pass a rainy session at Headingley.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
Church of Scientology allegedly sent threatening letters to film distributors and festivals showing damning documentary
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl performs with broken leg seated on massive throne made of guitars
Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget