Comedy gig of the week: Louis CK, various venues
Friday 15 March 2013
Somehow during the past few years, this unassuming looking but brilliantly witty stand-up and Emmy-winning writer (we're just waking up to his semi-biographical TV show Louie) has become the biggest deal in world comedy.
Not that he seems to be losing the common touch: witness the T-shirt-and-slacks stage get-up; the observational shtick harbouring dark thoughts that are never that dark; and the everyman charm that comes without charming too much dough out of your pocket: £35 at the O2 ain 't too bad by visiting-US-comic standards.
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
TVBBC hopes latest Danish import will spell success
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils