Cultural Life: Janeane Garofalo, comedian
Friday 11 September 2009
I was just listening to XTC's 'The Big Express' and a Boston band called Dumptruck. They are no longer together, but if you want to look them up the CD is called 'D is for Dumptruck'. I have also been listening to the Fleet Foxes album.
I am reading 'The Maple Stories' by John Updike. It's a collection of short stories that are loosely based around a young couple in the Sixties and Seventies. I was also reading a collection of short stories called 'Delicate Edible Birds' by Lauren Groff. She wrote a fantastic book called 'The Monsters of Templeton' – this is her second book.
I'm a big fan of 'True Blood', which is about vampires. I like the show 'Mad Men', too. I like to watch 'The Daily Show' and 'The Colbert Report'. There's a British series called 'Ideal' that I like a lot. When I was in Edinburgh I saw a great TV show called 'Jam and Jerusalem' written by Jennifer Saunders.
At the Edinburgh Festival I saw David O'Doherty. I really enjoyed his show, he was very funny. I saw Rhys Darby too, who I hadn't seen before, but I always enjoy watching him on 'Flight of the Conchords'.
Janeane Garofalo performs two shows at Bloomsbury Theatre, London, 25 Sept (020 7388 8822)
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 2015 General Election: Green party will not appear in TV debate alongside Ukip – says BBC
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'