Hundreds of Reddit users have responded to a thread asking them what their favourite one-liner is.
The thread soon became one of the most popular current threads on Reddit.
Here are some of the best responses:
1. I have an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one.
2. "People tell me I'm condescending..."
Leans in real close
"That means I talk down to people. "
3. A photon walks into a hotel. The bellhop asks if he needs help with his bags. The photon replies, "No thanks, I'm travelling light."
4. I have the heart of a lion and a lifetime ban from the Toronto zoo.
5. It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
6. Parallel lines have so much in common but it’s a shame they’ll never meet.
7. My wife accused me of being immature so I told her to get out of my fort.
Other began to reminscise about their favourite newspaper headlines over the years.
Favourites include a 1986 Times article about former Leader of the Opposition, Michael Foot, accepting a job on a committee looking at nuclear disarmament.
The headline ran: "Foot heads arms body".
Another example included the NY Post's "Weiner Pulls Out" from when US Congressman Anthony Weiner was forced to resign after it emerged he had being sending pictures of his gentalia to young women behind his pregnant wife's back.Reuse content