PFA demands refund from Reginald D Hunter after comedian causes offence at the Player of the Year awards
The comedian, a regular on Have I Got News For You, repeatedly used the word 'n*****'
Wednesday 01 May 2013
After the outrage at the black US comic Reginald D Hunter’s liberal use of the word “n****” during his performance at England’s annual football gala, came the demands for restitution.
The Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) has asked Mr Hunter to return his fee for the “offensive” performance at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Mayfair on Sunday. Bobby Barnes, the PFA deputy chief executive, said solicitors had contacted the London Speaker Bureau through which Hunter was booked. While the amount paid to Hunter for the 10-minute set remains unknown, reports placed it as a “five-figure fee”.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >