PFA demands refund from Reginald D Hunter after comedian causes offence at the Player of the Year awards
The comedian, a regular on Have I Got News For You, repeatedly used the word 'n*****'
Wednesday 01 May 2013
After the outrage at the black US comic Reginald D Hunter’s liberal use of the word “n****” during his performance at England’s annual football gala, came the demands for restitution.
The Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) has asked Mr Hunter to return his fee for the “offensive” performance at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Mayfair on Sunday. Bobby Barnes, the PFA deputy chief executive, said solicitors had contacted the London Speaker Bureau through which Hunter was booked. While the amount paid to Hunter for the 10-minute set remains unknown, reports placed it as a “five-figure fee”.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 5 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action