COMPETITION; DETAILS No 342
Sunday 29 June 1997
Details 340 came from Fernand Khnopff's picture known variously as Art, The Sphinx or The Caresses (1896). It is in the Musees Royaux des Beaux-Arts in Brussels.
The first three correct entries came from Malcolm Smith of London SE5; Mrs L Hepburn of Chatham, Kent; and Clive Wilmer of Cambridge.
Each will receive a bottle of champagne, as will this week's winners. Answers, on a postcard (to arrive by Wed 2 Jul, please), to: DETAILS 342, IoS, 1 Canada Sq, London E14 5DL.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'