Digital. Cable and Satellite: Pick of the Day
Tuesday 29 June 1999
The Sheltering Sky (10pm Sky Cinema) is Bernardo Bertolucci's visually stunning adaptation of Paul Bowles' 1949 novel. John Malkovich (right) and Debra Winger play a couple travelling in north Africa whose relationship deteriorates amid bouts of infidelity and typhoid. In a nice touch, the 80-year-old author of the original novel oversees Bertolucci's work from a Tangiers cafe.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming the street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Are you ready for Crazy Doritos, the red-hot snack food craze sweeping Mexico’s streets?
- 4 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 5 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
Breaking Bad season 6 is still not happening
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt gives intriguing performance as unsympathetic war hero