Eating Out: Taste of things to come
Hot, happening and opening soon
Sunday 30 August 1998
l After a spell working for his pal Marco Pierre White at Les Saveurs and MPW Canary Wharf, chef Garry Hollihead is out to make his own culinary mark again. Hollihead (who won acclaim and his Michelin star in the mid- Nineties at L'Escargot) is to lead the kitchens at Morton's, The Restaurant (0171 493 7171), which opens in London's Berkeley Square on 14 September. As it is situated in the building which houses Morton's club, this will be the first time in 200 years that non-members have been allowed through the door.
l Hungry holidaymakers and surf dudes in Cornwall should check out Oceans Beach Bar and Grill (01326 250 251) which sits right next to Maenporth beach, near Falmouth. It is a new taverna-style establishment in the same building as the county's only Michelin-starred restaurant, Pennypots, and it shares the same chef, Kevin Viner. His delightful fresh fish dishes are on offer for just pounds 7.50 - something to bring a smile to everyone's face, even when the tide is low.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >