1. Describe your music in three words
Sweet, Sour and Sexy
2. If you owned a festival, what would you call it and why?
Waynestock. It would be nice to see the fantasy played out in reality. After a brief Google search though it seems there is already a Waynestock festival in Cornwall. So it will have to be called Waynestock 2.
3. Who from the Festival No. 6 line-up is your must see act?
Definitely Beck. We’re all big fans and the new record sounds great. Also looking forward to Todd Terje, Andrew Weatherall and Steve Mason
4. Name 5 people (dead and alive) you would like to go to a festival with
Annie Clark, Larry David, Bill Murray, Bjork and the late, great Rik Mayall.
5. What’s your best festival moment?
This year at least it was seeing Hall & Oates at Latitude Festival.
6. What was your first album?
I genuinely do not know, as I believe over the years I have repressed the embarrassment of that fateful record. I do remember Astral Weeks – Van Morrison cassette being played constantly in the car as a kid though. I hated it at the time.
7. Who would be your ideal headlining act at a festival?
A reformed Stereolab would be awesome, closely followed by any Oasis tribute band.
8. Who were your biggest music influences?
We all have lots of different influences from different genres. In no particular order: Stereolab, Air, Shuggie Otis, The Wailers, Cocteau Twins, Spacemen 3, Spritualized, Marvin Gaye, Hall & Oates, Love, The Chills, Deerhunter, Flaming Lips, A.R Kane, Todd Rundgren etc
9. What or who inspires you?
Musically; any person or persons who manage to warp POP to their own off-kilter will. Apart from that we take some inspiration from writers such as Murakami, Eggers, and the autobiographical work of Robert Pires.
10. What’s coming up for you in the next year?
Our Album ‘Lacuna’ has just come out, so we will be finishing off the festival season with a short UK headline tour in early October before joining Johnny Marr for a couple of weeks again in the UK. Intermittently we will be hitting the studio again to start work on album 2.Reuse content