Film: Pick of the week
Thursday 23 May 1996
Ugly, nasty, brutish - and that's just the critics who have sunk their jaws into Larry Clark's grim study of urban disquiet. See it now; there's only a few days of dinner-party mileage left in it.
On general release
Blue in the Face
A sort of antidote to . Whether you catch them separately or as a pair, you can't fail to be charmed and tickled by Paul Auster and Wayne Wang's lightly-toasted slices of Brooklyn life.
On general release
James Bond Season
In the wake of the disappointingly flaccid Goldeneye, here's a rare opportunity to catch early Bond on the big screen. This week, see Dr No, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice and From Russia with Love and realise all over again what made the series so special: attitude.
Various screenings until 31 May, NFT, London SE1 (0171-928 3232)
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture