The schedule for the upcoming Comic-Con conference in San Diego, July 21-24, is jam-packed, with some of the most anticipated films of 2011-12 to be presented on July 22.
Directors including Guillermo del Toro and Steven Soderbergh will appear alongside stars of the films, including Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Colin Farrell, Sam Worthington, Bradley Cooper, and Jeff Bridges.
Among the day and night-long schedule are the following highlights:
• The Amazing Spider-Man, the 3D reboot of the blockbuster franchise, follows the origins of Peter Parker's story, with the stars Andrew Garfield ( The Social Network) and Emma Stone ( The Easy A) appearing.
• Total Recall, a reboot of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger sci-fi action movie, with the stars Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel ( The A-Team), Bryan Cranston ( Little Miss Sunshine), John Cho ( Star Trek) and Bill Nighy ( Harry Potter) appearing.
• Steven Spielberg's The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn in 3D, motion-capture film of the famed Belgian cartoonist, due this December 23.
• Haywire, an international thriller about a female covert ops specialist, starring Ewan McGregor, Michael Fassbender, Antonio Banderas, and martial arts superstar Gina Carano, who will appear with director Steven Soderbergh.
• Raven starring John Cusack ( 2012) as Edgar Allen Poe, who works with a detective to find a serial killer using Poe's works as the basis for murder.
• Pacific Rim, a sci-fi adventure of robots battling aliens with director Guillermo del Toro, Idris Elba ( RocknRolla) and Charlie Day ( Horrible Bosses) appearing.
• Paradise Lost, an action-fantasy version of John Milton's epic poem about the battle between archangels Lucifer and Michael, directed by Alex Proyas ( Knowing) with its star Bradley Cooper ( The Hangover 2, Limitless).
• The Seventh Son, a young-adult book adaptation, set in the 1700s, about exorcising ghosts and witches and starring Jeff Bridges ( Crazy Heart) and Ben Barnes ( The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian), who will attend.
• 30 Minutes or Less, an action-comedy starring Jesse Eisenberg ( The Social Network) about a bank heist gone wrong, with director Ruben Fleischer ( Zombieland) and co-star Aziz Ansari attending.
• Ghost Rider - Spirit of Vengeance, the sequel to the bounty hunter movie with the star Nicolas Cage and costar Idris Elba on the panel.
Actor Sam Worthington ( Avatar) will present his Full Clip production company's projects in development, with writers of The Last Days of American Crime, Unknown Soldier and Hellblazer.
Among several horror films' presentations, the Fright Night panel should draw crowds with Colin Farrell, Anton Yelchin ( Star Trek), Christopher Mintz-Plasse ( Kick-Ass), and director Craig Gillespie ( Lars and the Real Girl).
Other notable films include the film adaptation of Bioware's successful videogame series, Mass Effect, presented by the game creator Casey Hudson, and DC Comics' animated version of the origin of Bruce Wayne's superhero story, Batman: Year One.
A busy television slate will screen pilots and discuss acclaimed returning series, such as HBO's vampire drama True Blood and the zombie show The Walking Dead. Also, new sci-fi and fantasy shows will be introduced, including The River, Falling Skies and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, part of the film's franchise-building.