Happy anti-Valentine's Day: The films guaranteed not to get you in the mood
The course of true love never did run smooth, and now it seems the film industry agrees.
Judd Apatow’s recent release This is 40 portrays a middle aged couple who fantasise about murdering each other. The director’s previous hit Knocked Up showed the rocky course of a relationship escalated by an unplanned pregnancy.
But it’s not just the blockbusters that have caught onto this anti-Valentine’s vein. This year’s nomination for best picture at the Oscar includes Amour, a tale of a loving elderly couple whose relationship disintegrates due to the pressures of caring for an ill partner.
In 2011 Michelle Williams was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in Blue Valentine, the painfully intense portrayal of a marriage breakdown.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 3 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 4 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Katie Hopkins reported to the police for race hatred by Labour MP Simon Danczuk after tweet about Pakistani men