Watch extracts from Michael Caine's new film Harry Brown
Tuesday 03 November 2009
Set in modern-day Britain, Harry Brown follows one man’s (played by Sir Michael Caine) journey through a chaotic world where drugs are the currency of the day and guns run the streets.
Brown is retired marine and widower who lives alone on dilapidated housing estate.
When his only friend Leonard (played by David Bradley) is murdered by a gang thugs Harry is compelled to act and administers his own brand of justice.
In a bid to, as he sees it, 'clean up' the estate he comes into conflict with the police, led by investigating officer DCI Frampton (played by Emily Mortimer) and Charlie Creed-Miles.
In Cinemas November 11th
Watch the trailer and new clips from the movie below:
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show