Anchorman 2 is confirmed
Will Ferrell makes a surprise appearance on the Conan show as Ron Burgundy to announce Anchorman sequel is on the way
The actor confirmed that he will reprise the role of 1970s San Diego TV news anchor from the hit 2004 comedy for Anchorman 2.
He told Conan: "I want to announce this to everyone here in the Americas, to our friends in Spain, Turkey, and the UK, including England, that as of 0900 mountain time, Paramount Pictures and myself, Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy, have come to terms on a sequel to Anchorman."
The original movie made $91m (£57.2m) at the box office around the world, and the new film is expected to start production later this year.
When in Rome.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland