Cate Blanchett hit by prop on stage
Wednesday 02 September 2009
Actress Cate Blanchett has suffered a head wound after being hit by a prop on stage during a Sydney performance.
Sydney Theatre Company spokesman Tim McKeough said the performance of A Streetcar Named Desire was cancelled today but Blanchett will return to the stage for tomorrow's performance.
He says the injury was caused by a prop transistor radio lifted by an actor.
Cate has won many awards, including an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in Martin Scorsese's The Aviator.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >