Cate Blanchett hit by prop on stage
Wednesday 02 September 2009
Actress Cate Blanchett has suffered a head wound after being hit by a prop on stage during a Sydney performance.
Sydney Theatre Company spokesman Tim McKeough said the performance of A Streetcar Named Desire was cancelled today but Blanchett will return to the stage for tomorrow's performance.
He says the injury was caused by a prop transistor radio lifted by an actor.
Cate has won many awards, including an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in Martin Scorsese's The Aviator.
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories