Cate Blanchett hit by prop on stage
Wednesday 02 September 2009
Actress Cate Blanchett has suffered a head wound after being hit by a prop on stage during a Sydney performance.
Sydney Theatre Company spokesman Tim McKeough said the performance of A Streetcar Named Desire was cancelled today but Blanchett will return to the stage for tomorrow's performance.
He says the injury was caused by a prop transistor radio lifted by an actor.
Cate has won many awards, including an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role as Katharine Hepburn in Martin Scorsese's The Aviator.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly