Les Misérables: Cheer up, love, at least your outfit looks nice
The trailer for Les Misérables, directed by Tom Hooper (The King's Speech), has arrived; and isn't it gorgeous?
As Anne Hathaway's Fantine belts out "I Dreamed A Dream" (with almost as much soul as Susan Boyle), we are treated to scenes of hardship and struggle, lit up with the warm, sumptuous colour palette of a Jacques-Louis David painting. Not only does it manage to make child poverty look just darling, but even a tuberculosis-stricken, weeping Fantine is candlelit to perfection.
And what about those costumes! Only the finest silk gowns for these ladies of negotiable affection. Great job, Hooper; poverty, disease and civil unrest has never looked so good.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams cast in Channel 4 drama about cyber bullying
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
The Walking Dead season 5 synopsis: Spoilers and existential questions revealed
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes