Les Misérables: Cheer up, love, at least your outfit looks nice
The trailer for Les Misérables, directed by Tom Hooper (The King's Speech), has arrived; and isn't it gorgeous?
As Anne Hathaway's Fantine belts out "I Dreamed A Dream" (with almost as much soul as Susan Boyle), we are treated to scenes of hardship and struggle, lit up with the warm, sumptuous colour palette of a Jacques-Louis David painting. Not only does it manage to make child poverty look just darling, but even a tuberculosis-stricken, weeping Fantine is candlelit to perfection.
And what about those costumes! Only the finest silk gowns for these ladies of negotiable affection. Great job, Hooper; poverty, disease and civil unrest has never looked so good.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >