Actress Lindsay Lohan is under arrest after police say she hit a woman during an argument at a New York City nightclub.
She was arrested at 4 am and charged with third-degree assault, say police.
She reportedly got into the argument with another woman at Club Avenue in the Chelsea section of Manhattan and then struck the woman in face with her hand.
The victim did not require medical attention.
Her publicist did not immediately return a call for comment.
The actress has had frequent brushes with police.
A Santa Monica City Attorney is also due to charge Lohan with three crimes in relation to her June car crash according to sources quoted by TMZ and Fox News.
TMZ reports Lohan may be arraigned on the California charges next week. No appearance date has been set yet in her New York case.
Lohan remains on probation for a 2011 case in which she pleaded no contest to taking a 2,500-dollar (£1,580) necklace without permission.
After completing a strict counselling and mortuary clean-up duty programme, Lohan no longer has to report to a judge, but faces jail time if she is charged with another crime.
L.A. based attorney David Wohls told Fox: "It's unlikely the mere arrest of Lohan in New York will result in in her California probation being violated, that is unless she was under the influence at the time and a drug test proves that point. She may claim self defense in this case and probation will hold off to see if that defense flies before they decide whether or not to violate her."
The actress was involved in a police investigation in September after she alleged a man had assaulted her in a New York hotel, but charges against the man were later dropped.
In August prosecutors ruled that Lohan would not be charged for a burglary at a home where she had been a guest.
The homeowner, businessman Sam Magid, is an acquaintance of Lohan and later told authorities that he did not want to pursue a case.
"Lindsay is glad this matter has been cleared up so she can focus on her upcoming projects," her spokesman Steve Honig said at the time.
One of the men police interviewed was Lohan's assistant, who told authorities that he, the actress and another man went into the home early on August 18. Some items were taken, but the assistant refused to say who stole them, according to a memo rejecting the charges.
"We do not have sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt," the prosecution memo states.