Lindsay Lohan pleads not guilty to traffic accident charges
Wednesday 16 January 2013
Lindsay Lohan has pleaded not guilty to three charges related to a June traffic accident that led a judge to revoke the troubled actress' probation last month.
Lohan, 26, who did not attend the hearing, was arraigned on misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, lying to police and obstructing police when she said she was not behind the wheel of her sports car, which smashed into a truck in Santa Monica, California.
Lohan's not guilty plea was entered in a Los Angeles court by her attorney.
The Liz & Dick actress is on probation for a 2011 jewellery theft and could be sent to jail if she is found to have violated the terms of her probation.
Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Jane Godfrey, who will also preside over Lohan's probation hearing, on Tuesday ordered the actress to attend a 30 January pretrial hearing. A date for Lohan's probation hearing will be set at that time.
Lohan has been in and out of rehab and jail since a 2007 arrest for drunk driving and cocaine possession.
The former Parent Trap child star was arrested in New York on a misdemeanor assault charge on the same day that the Santa Monica car crash charges were filed.
The Manhattan district attorney's office has not filed a criminal complaint in the assault case.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >