Old people's home recreates famous movie scenes for unforgettable calendar
Pensioners ape 'Rocky', 'Titanic', 'Bond' and more
The Contilia Retirement Group in Essen, Germany has made perhaps the cutest calendar ever – and there isn't so much as a Siberian husky pup in sight (scroll to see the gallery).
Seniors were dressed as leading men and ladies for the photoshoot, recreating iconic moments from films such as Rocky, Titanic and The Blues Brothers.
Wilhelm Buiting, 89, made a particularly fetching James Bond, while 86-year-old Marianne Brunsbach stepped into Audrey Hepburn's black dress to recreate the Breakfast at Tiffany's poster.
The oldest resident to take part was Walter Loeser, who at 98 still looked pretty suave on a motorcycle.
The calendars were given out to residents at the home but look set to be distributed outside of the communal dining room, with German press reporting that 5000 have been printed.
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
JK Rowling releases new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 contestants: Meet Kellie Maloney, formerly known as Frank Maloney
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict