Old people's home recreates famous movie scenes for unforgettable calendar
Pensioners ape 'Rocky', 'Titanic', 'Bond' and more
The Contilia Retirement Group in Essen, Germany has made perhaps the cutest calendar ever – and there isn't so much as a Siberian husky pup in sight (scroll to see the gallery).
Seniors were dressed as leading men and ladies for the photoshoot, recreating iconic moments from films such as Rocky, Titanic and The Blues Brothers.
Wilhelm Buiting, 89, made a particularly fetching James Bond, while 86-year-old Marianne Brunsbach stepped into Audrey Hepburn's black dress to recreate the Breakfast at Tiffany's poster.
The oldest resident to take part was Walter Loeser, who at 98 still looked pretty suave on a motorcycle.
The calendars were given out to residents at the home but look set to be distributed outside of the communal dining room, with German press reporting that 5000 have been printed.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 3 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 4 World Cup 2014: Robin van Persie appears to give his bronze medal to eccentric Netherlands fan moments after being handed it by Sepp Blatter
- 5 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’