Stars turn up for Harry Potter studio tour opening
Sunday 01 April 2012
Harry Potter stars turned out yesterday at the red carpet opening of a studio tour which gives fans a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the blockbuster film series.
Rupert Grint, Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright were among the actors at the grand opening of the Warner Brothers Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter. Hundreds of Potter fans queued outside the studios in Leavesden near Watford, where all eight of the films inspired by J K Rowling's magical stories were shot.
Local boy Grint, Ron Weasley in the Potter films, said: "This is the most glamorous I have ever seen Watford. It's exciting for everyone to see."
The three-hour walking tour's attractions include the original Great Hall of Hogwarts School, built for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Eminem, Drake and Jay Z among Spotify's most-streamed artists of 2013
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert