Stay classy, San Diego: Anchorman and Ron Burgundy are back
Not many films get to announce their sequel by having its star, in character, storm a chat show to broadcast the news. But few films of the last 10 years are as universally loved as Anchorman – it's kind of a big deal.
Will Ferrell, dressed as chauvinistic news anchor Ron Burgundy, took over the Conan show this week, jazz flute in hand, to announce that the 2004 Judd Apatow-produced hit was being resurrected. Predictably, the news has been met with a mixture of excitement and apprehension by fans.
Comedy sequels haven't fared so well in recent times (just look at the panning last year for The Hangover Part II, which was a charmless rehash of the original jokes and set-up). Let's just hope Anchorman 2 doesn't stink as bad as Sex Panther, Paul Rudd's "formidable" cologne from the original.
Arts & Ents blogs
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
Sat in a hotel lobby amidst a music conference in Aarhus around 4am in is a great way to argue, and ...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.