Trailer released for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, starring Idris Elba
Video: Watch the trailer for the film, set for release in November.
The upcoming film about the life of South Africa's anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela has had its trailer released today.
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom stars Luther's Idris Elba as the former president, and is set for release in November, leaving both the film and Elba in Oscar contention.
The clip shows an aged Mandela, though the film will mostly portray his younger days as a fighter against white political supremacy.
Speaking about the role earlier this year, Elba said: "I learnt a lot about the man and his life, and I learnt a lot about sacrifice."
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’