Why I enjoyed slacking after Batman
Saturday 29 September 2012
My method is simple; always follow the script. Is it good, do I like the part, and, if it's a big company, will they pay? In the case of City Slacker the first two answers were “yes”. The answer to the third was irrelevant. It was not a studio but a bunch of brave people with no money making a movie.
The character of Ray was appealing because he looked like a waster but turned out to be surprisingly decent. I liked his relationship with his daughter, played by Fiona Gillies. I made him Scottish, which the screnwriter loved.
I had just finished filming The Dark Knight Rises. Curiously, you seem to wait around the same amount no matter what size the budget – but the nosh on City Slacker was better due to someone on the crew having a chum who ran a Greek restaurant nearby.
The world premiere of 'City Slacker' is at Raindance Film Festival, Apollo Cinema, Piccadilly Circus, London SW1 (www.raindance.co.uk), 5 and 7 October
A The film has amassed an estimated $28.7 million in its opening weekend
A statement was published on his fansite, True To You, following release of new album
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
JK Rowling drops new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing Celestina Warbuck, the 'Singing Sorceress'
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
Kate Bush: Previously unseen photographs reveal new side to comeback star
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 contestants: Meet Kellie Maloney, formerly known as Frank Maloney
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict