All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (18)
Friday 15 February 2008
You keep on expecting some big twist from this low-budget stalk-and-slash horror, but director Jonathan Levine and writer Jacob Forman flatter to deceive with their teens-in-peril scenario.
Amber Heard plays Mandy, dreamy cynosure of her high school, who's persuaded to go on a road trip to a friend's ranch and finds herself vaguely alienated by the loose talk and sexual horseplay. (What did she expect?)
You soon realise that the killer is the most obvious suspect and his modus operandi is the least ingenious in the history of screen psychopaths. An exercise in misanthropy gone wrong; you only end up hating the film-makers.
Watch the 'All the Boys Love Mandy Lane' UK trailer.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
Peter Lik: The self-proclaimed 'fine-art photographer' whose work sells for millions
Exodus: Gods and Kings banned in the UAE for 'religious mistakes'
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
Doctor Who and the BBC 'promoting a gay agenda', viewers complain
Idris Elba responds to James Bond rumours on Twitter
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk