Also showing: Pitch Perfect, Grabbers, Boxing Day and Parental Guidance
Sunday 23 December 2012
Pitch Perfect (112 mins, 12A)
Anna Kendrick and a scene-stealing Rebel Wilson star in this witty campus comedy about an all-female a capella singing group.
Grabbers (94 mins, 15)
Genial horror-comedy about an Irish island invaded by blood-sucking monsters, the under-used gimmick being that the aliens can't kill anyone who is blind drunk.
Boxing Day (91 mins, 15)
Bernard Rose (Ivans xtc) directs another of his zero-budget, improvised Tolstoy adaptations starring Danny Huston. This time, Huston is a reptilian property developer being driven around Colorado by a clueless chauffeur.
Parental Guidance (104 mins, U)
Billy Crystal and Bette Midler as traditional grandparents whose approach to childcare doesn't suit their PC daughter. Traces of timely observational comedy buried under a mountain of sentiment.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 4 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 5 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
First Look at Bryan Cranston transformed into LBJ for HBO’s ‘All the Way’ film
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
This little boy loves books so much that he cries when his mother stops reading to him
Prog rock finally comes of age with launch of the first Official Progressive Chart
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up