Also showing: Sleep Tight, Caesar Must Die, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, The Bay and Safe Haven
Sunday 03 March 2013
Sleep Tight (100 mins, 18)
You won't after seeing this master fully creepy suspense thriller from REC director Jaume Balagueró. Luis Tosar is the caretaker of a Barcelona apartment block whose meticulous villainy gets more and more chilling.
Caesar Must Die (76 mins, 12A)
The inmates of an Italian high-security jail stage a production of Julius Caesar. An enigmatic mix of Shakespeare and prison drama.
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (88 mins, 15)
Witless action movie. Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton are the titular fairy-tale siblings, grown up to be demon-slaying bad-asses in black leather trenchcoats.
The Bay (84 mins, 15)
Barry Levinson boards the found-footage horror bandwagon with this tedious, unscary eco-disaster movie.
Safe Haven (115 mins, 12A)
The blandest of the many romantic melodramas adapted from the novels of Nicholas Sparks.
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Film More romcom than S&M
Review: The Imitation Gamefilm
Comedy...to show her mastectomy scars
TVNetflix gets cryptic
TV review A moving film showing kids too busy to enjoy their youth
Books Not even a Man Booker prize could save Richard Flanagan from a nomination
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services